Friday, August 5, 2011

6 Reasons "Friends With Benefits" Never Works


by Caitlin Brody via Glamour


Even though the movie, which hits theaters tonight, garnered major cuteness points in my book (Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis = HOT. And the many JT bum shots didn’t hurt...at all), I have trouble getting behind the whole friends-with-benefits thing. It’s just never worked for me. Here’s why:


1. I’ve found that it’s nearly impossible not to get attached.After all, a friend with benefits should be a great guy (except maybe when it comes to commitment), which is why we’re friends in the first place. But it’s easy for me to get carried away with thoughts of dates and vacations and ohmigod Kate Middleton married a prince, why can’t I? I try to cut myself some slack though, because even Samantha Jones got attached every once in a while.
2. One word: Jealousy. “Friends” means minimal claim on a guy, so it’s possible that other chicks might come around. And I’m supposed to be OK with it, which I thought would be fine. Key word: thought.
3. The friendship may never be the same again. (That sentence could come with its own dramatic background music.) But it’s true: Sex complicates everything!
4. It’s not just the relationship between the two of you that changes, but the whole dynamic as a group of friends can change, as well. C’mon, it’s weird for everyone if you’re all PDA, but isn’t it just as weird if you’re not?
5. At some point, one of you will get awkward. This one, unfortunately, I’m way too familiar with.
6. No one is immune. Not even seemingly invincible Mila could avoid numbers one through five--and that’s reason enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment