Thursday, January 20, 2011

Product Review: Clarisonic!




My all time favorite Christmas gift this year was my pink Clarisonic Pro from my husband. After bringing it to his attention earlier in the year, he spent some time looking into it. As an engineer, he was able to conclude that this was definitely something that could be just what it's cracked up to be. (He helps me weed through the products and lets me know what's just hype... a helpful quality AND money saver!)

If you haven't heard any of the hype yet, here's the claim about this system from Clarisonic.com:

"Clarisonic developed the sonic technology proven to gently yet effectively loosen dirt and oil to clear your pores. The Sonic Skin Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth your skin. In just 60 seconds a day, the micro-massage action cleans more than twice as effectively as manual cleansing.

Clarisonic Sonic Cleansing Benefits

-Removes 6x more makeup than manual cleansing
-Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
-Cleanses so well that products absorb better
-Gentle enough for twice daily use
-Helps reduce oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
-Helps reduce the appearance of visible pores"

I was so excited to finally be able to try it out and see if what they say about it is really true. I kept track of my impression after the first 2+ weeks for you to share with me as well:

Day one-
My skin feels way smoother and very clean. No noticable difference in the look of my skin yet.

Day five-
My skin has never taken to daily exfoiliation well and it hasn't gotten red or irritated yet- it feels and looks great. Breakouts have subsided, possibly due to the Clarisonic, but partially due to the fact that I'm washing my face as often as I'm supposed to now :)

Day seven-
My skin maintains the smooth feeling all the time now. I've started noticing that the serum and moisturizer I put on my face after I wash gets soaked up really quickly now- there's not as much left on my face as there used to be. The products are really getting into my skin and doing what they're supposed to do!

Day fourteen-
Pores are looking smaller and less noticable. After extraction, they maintain cleaner and clearer for much longer than they used to. Overall I'm wearing less makeup- redness, spots, discoloration, and pores are all looking better as time goes on.

Conclusion-
I'm going to continue! Soo happy with this product, and for me, it was well worth the money. Regular cleansing just won't do it for me after this!

More helpful info on my experience with the Clarisonic-

the model we purchased was called the Pink Clarisonic Pro. On the Clarisonic site you will see that they also offer the Mia, the Classic, and the Plus. (They do not offer the Pro there yet; we found ours on Amazon). The Mia is the mini/travel version and has one speed, the Classic is the regular version with two speeds, the Plus is the advanced one with two speeds and a body brush head so you can use it in the shower, and finally, the Pro is the newest and most advanced version with four speeds and the body brush.

I have used the body brush and exfoliated with the Clarisonic in the shower, and have been just as happy with the results there as well! My skin is smoother and cleaner than it has been with just a regular scrub or loofah. If you have the choice, the Pro version is definitely the one I'd pick.

Since the price is a bit high, ($225 for the Plus on Clarisonic.com), there are cheaper at home versions that do similar job for a fraction of the cost. Although I haven't used them myself, I've heard great things about the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System ($29.99) as well as the Pretika Sonic Dermabrasion Facial Brush ($41.50), as a wonderful alternative.


**In no way is my review or my recommendation associated with the products or brands mentioned, just a happy customer wanting to recommend some great products in hopes that they make you as happy as they made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment